Meet SuburbanMom

My photo
I'm a totally suburban mother of 3 married to a sexy Brit. Before I was a mom, I was a real person working as a creative writer at some hot advertising shops in New York City. Now I freelance when I can (annisawesome.com). I call my kids the 3 assholes, which is a term of endearment. For fun I have a gazillion side projects I’ve started but not finished. Yay me.

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Taking Steve Songs by the Balls



This morning I put Cumin on my daughter’s cinnamon toast. Seriously. And she totally ate it. Poor thing. Well, what I didn’t mention is that at the exact same time I was making chili to stick in the crock pot. That’s right. I was simultaneously getting the kids ready for school, making chili for tonight’s Thursday night Pats/Jets game and getting ready for the sitter who was coming at 9:00 so I could go to work.

That’s how we roll in the suburbs.

I’m definitely getting more used to it. And starting to like it more. It will be 3 years in May. Which still isn’t very long. But it feels like forever. The only thing I still can’t get over is the lack of walking/exercise and always sitting my ass in my mini van. I should get to yoga more. Or the YMCA. Or the treadmill in my basement. One of those should do. It’s a matter of priorities people.

I’ve met some really cool chicks lately. Mostly mom friends because of the kids. But I can see some as having the potential to go beyond mom. I’m definitely not on the same level yet as my Hoboken twin moms but that’s because we drank more in Hoboken. There was no driving. And we all lived right around the corner. Thus I digress…

You wouldn’t believe my non-advertising resume this year. I’ll call it my volunteer work. And it can be exhausting. Now I barely scratch the surface compared to what some other insanely dedicated, amazing women I’ve met do, but for me, it’s kinda crazy. And fun. Just sayin’.

So in addition to being like, the best Martha Stewart wanna-be mom to my own kids, and working my freelance advertising/writing jobs when I can, here is a list of what else I’m up to at Jacob and Mason and Skye’s school.
 
  • Elementary School Newseditor
  • Elementary School PTO Leadership
  • Room Parent for Skye’s classroom
  • Co-Chair of major pre-school fundraiser – Steve Songs Concert
  • Cookie mom for Daisy (Girl Scouts) Troop


This is not a joke people.

Who am I? What have I become? I honestly have no idea how this happened. It just did. But I actually do love it. No shit.


Today, I’ve worked “working on the steve songs concert” into my work schedule. And I’m going to organize it like it’s nobody’s business. You just wait. I'm going to help put on Steve Songs like it's nobody's business. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment