Meet SuburbanMom

My photo
I'm a totally suburban mother of 3 married to a sexy Brit. Before I was a mom, I was a real person working as a creative writer at some hot advertising shops in New York City. Now I freelance when I can (annisawesome.com). I call my kids the 3 assholes, which is a term of endearment. For fun I have a gazillion side projects I’ve started but not finished. Yay me.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Grape Circumcision


My daughter Mason is the pickiest eater of all 3 kids. And she knows it. And couldn’t be prouder. We usually refer to her as "The Worst". I just had an argument with her the other day because she wanted to know why she cannot eat "muffins every day for breakfast". I explained to her that it's basically like "eating cake every morning". She's just not buying my argument. Brutal. But moving on...

One of the 3 fruits she will eat is grapes. Whenever I give her grapes I need to make sure they are absolutely pristine. Seriously. This is how pathetic my life has become. The grapes are vetted. And then circumcised. No joke. This is what my life has come to. Circumcising grapes. You know, the part on the grape that turns brown where it is attached to the stem. It has to be removed or she definitely won't eat them. I guess I should be thankful that at least she likes grapes. They are better than muffins. Sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment