Meet SuburbanMom

My photo
I'm a totally suburban mother of 3 married to a sexy Brit. Before I was a mom, I was a real person working as a creative writer at some hot advertising shops in New York City. Now I freelance when I can (annisawesome.com). I call my kids the 3 assholes, which is a term of endearment. For fun I have a gazillion side projects I’ve started but not finished. Yay me.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Beginning


Hi. I’m Ann. And I’m a suburban mom. And a writer.

Please don’t hold that against me. The writer part anyway. I wasn’t always this way. I swear. I was once a real person. With a real job. And I had my own real life. I miss my old life sometimes. The craziness of working in advertising in NYC. The craziness of working til 3AM. Trying to solve client problems while still creating something cool that I was proud to tell my friends about. That craziness stopped when I had my twins and became a mom. Suddenly my world opened up to a whole new crazier kind of crazy.

Fast forward and I’m still a creative. A writer. An Associate Creative Director. An idea maker. A shit talker. All in the freelance kind of way. But instead of living in Hoboken, I now live in Winchester. An adorable suburb about 20 minutes north of Boston. I have almost 6-year-old twins (one boy, one girl) and an insane 2 ½ year old girl. And they are my world. There. I said it. I’ve totally embraced the whole suburban mom thing. I figured, why the fuck not. If I’m living the dream, I might as well do it up.

So I created this blog as an outlet to showcase my writing and thinking. And as an incentive for all you powerful hiring types to please put me on a project. C’mon. I’m funny. And fairly intelligent. And a pretty bad-ass writer, if I must say so myself. I love doing freelance work whenever possible as it’s kind of a vacation from my real job. Plus I get paid. Win win all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment