Meet SuburbanMom

My photo
I'm a totally suburban mother of 3 married to a sexy Brit. Before I was a mom, I was a real person working as a creative writer at some hot advertising shops in New York City. Now I freelance when I can (annisawesome.com). I call my kids the 3 assholes, which is a term of endearment. For fun I have a gazillion side projects I’ve started but not finished. Yay me.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Hike up your mom jeans



I never imagined myself as such a mom. Like a real mom. Like a mom mom. Living in a house. In the burbs. Driving a minivan. Seriously, my whole existence at the moment is all for the kids. Or the three little assholes as I affectionately refer to them. It’s a term of endearment really. My life is spent planning. Planning when to do the laundry. What to have for dinner. Making playdates. Making lunches. Sweeping the kitchen. Making doctor appointments. Grocery shopping. Sweeping the kitchen. Changing diapers. Reading books. Playing with toys. Driving the kids to school. Picking the kids up from school. Wiping boogers. Wiping the counter. Washing dishes. And sweeping the kitchen.

It’s a far cry from my East Village days. No doubt.

But it’s all good. I’ve kind of embraced the whole mom thing. I figured, fuck, if I’m gonna be a total mom, I should really BE a total mom. So yeah, I’m like the best mom ever. Ask my kids. My sister always refers to me as a total “Mrs. Stewart” in a playful, almost annoyed but maybe a little jealous kind of way. I made cake pops (like a little ball of cake on a stick) and mummy juice boxes (juice boxes that look like mummies) this year for Halloween. A Dora the Explorer lollipop tree for my two-year-olds birthday. We’ve made home made playdoh. And many other things of that ilk. You get the picture. It’s kind of fun sometimes. Allows me to be creative.  Bond with the little shits. You know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment